Bored with the same old autograph sessions, leading Australian automotive parts retailer, Supercheap Auto wanted to create a new and exciting in-store activation that was not only engaging but also leveraged the properties and partners of its V8 sponsorship program.
Veracity Media developed the Supercheap Auto Shopping $1,000, a fun and energetic in-store promotion where V8 fans got to participate in a challenge to shop a local store, picking recognized brands and filling their trolleys with items as close to $1,000 as possible
All of Supercheap Auto’s sporting properties were utilised – its V8 Supercars team, brand ambassador Russell Ingall, and Bathurst 1000 naming rights sponsorship
Competition mechanics and rules were developed, while a portable in-store ‘starting gate’ and custom shopping cart were designed and produced.
Veracity Media provided a host for each event, commentating the action with Ingall providing expert comments.
Round winners were awarded their trolley items, with the overall national winner receiving an all-expenses paid VIP experience at the 2011 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
• Promotion run in conjunction with V8 Supercars events in seven cities – Adelaide, Melbourne, Hamilton (NZ), Perth, Darwin, Townsville and Ipswich.
• Over 1,500 Supercheap Auto customers entered for the draw to participate.
• 35 happy contestants across the seven rounds.
• Higher attendance at in-store appearances, leading to significantly higher sales figures for those nights in comparison with standard trading nights.
• Local media involvement via placed editorial.
• Strong social media response and engagement.
• Eight placed radio interviews with Ingall on major rural radio stations
• Edited video highlights package produced at four of seven events, highlights played on race telecast, online and at SCA management conferences.
Create a new and exciting in-store activation that was not only engaging but also leveraged partners of Supercheap Auto's V8 sponsorship program.
Veracity Media was founded on three simple but important core values – HONESTY | INTEGRITY | CREDIBILITY